Home Siding Needs
The exterior siding of your home plays a critical role in the safety and security of your home. A home with siding has better protection from the elements and other major issues, but there can be a number of things that affect the siding of your home. Things like extreme weather, yard leaks and floods, and just general wear and tear can impact the siding.
Whatever your home siding needs are, Beartooth Exterior Inc has the expert knowledge and incredible customer service to help your home look its best. If you’re interested, call us at
(307) 224-4912 to get started on your next home siding repair.
How to tell your home siding is damaged
It can be difficult to identify damages that may be occurring to your home siding, but there are some things to look out for.
Aging is the most common reason for homeowners need to replace siding. You can tell aging has affected your house siding if panels are bending or have lost a significant amount of color. Things like rusted nails and cracked caulking can be indicators of damaged siding. There is a risk for water damage and/or mold if any panels appear to be warped. This would be evident with homes that have wood or vinyl siding. If there has been a yard leak, like a pipe that has burst under the foundation, then it’s important to get this looked at and taken care of as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing issues because of water damage, then those are issues that need to be taken care of before any home siding replacement happens. It’s important to get any water damaged siding issues taken care of quickly. Not doing so can create more problems such as:
- Pest infestations
Because most houses have home siding with insulation installed, homeowners should not ignore or wash over any water stains or spots. Failure to do so can create serious health risks as well as more money to be spent on repairs.
Types of Siding
Homeowners have several options for home siding that at times, it can feel overwhelming. Of all the options, there are a few that are considered durable and the most bang for your buck.
- Stucco: Not only is stucco the most cost effective, it is the most versatile and durable home siding. Stucco is typically a mixture of cement, lime, sand and water and can be mixed with different colors allowing homeowners a certain amount of versatility.
- Metal or Steel siding: A growing trend for many homeowners is utilizing metal siding. Aluminum and steel are by the most popular, offering great benefits such as resistance to extreme weather, UV protection and is environmentally friendly.
- Wood siding: Of all of the options, wood siding is the most common and the cheapest since most wood siding is actually a vinyl panel made to look like wood. While this is perfectly acceptable, some homeowners may want actual wood, which is fine. Real wood paneling will be more expensive and require the most maintenance of all the options, but nothing quite compares to the look of cedar siding.
The Cost of Installation
Before any installation ever takes place, any homeowner wants to know “How much does it cost to put siding on a house?” No one wants to drop a ton of money up front only to find out the option they chose is going to cost them more later on. Below is a breakdown of the options mentioned before as well as a few other typical options for home siding:
- Stucco: $6-$9 per sq foot
- Steel: $4-$5 per sq foot
- Aluminum: $3.50-$4.75 per sq foot
- Wood: $3.25-$15.75 per sq foot
- Vinyl: $2-$7 per sq foot
- Engineered wood: $11-$28 per sq foot
- Brick: $6-$10 per sq foot
Regardless, if you are just refreshing the exterior or you have house siding damage, there are still several things to consider for the cost of installation. First
In general, homeowners should expect to pay between $4,000-$14,500 to replace their home siding. It will come down to what you are willing to pay and what is the best material for your home. Beartooth Exteriors representatives work with you to make sure you get exactly what you need for your home. You want a team that is skilled in the intricacies of home siding repair, just like you would want a team that skilled for a yard leak in the Denver, CO area.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best siding material?
When installed correctly, stucco has proven to be the best home siding material.
What is the most durable house siding?
Stucco, metal or steel siding, wood and brick.
What type of siding lasts the longest?
Again, when done correctly, stucco can last a lifetime with minimal maintenance needed. Metal siding also has great longevity and is environmentally friendly.
How long does wood siding last?
Actual wood siding typically last around 20 years. Most homeowners will end up choosing a vinyl paneling that mimics the appearance of wood, and with enough maintenance, it can last up to 40 years.
Contact us about home siding in the Mills and Casper, WY. A Beartooth Exterior Inc representative is here for you every step of the way. We provide competitive prices for installation as well as continued maintenance after. Call us today, (307) 224-4912.